Since the Skipperettes is the Auxiliary of Bremerton Yacht Club, we should be aware of our Parent Organization. Bremerton Yacht Club was founded in June of 1929. First Commodore was Floyd Phillips; Vice Commodore, Hob Haven (one of our Skipperettes) and Rear Commodore, Elmer Brooks. The Club was located in Sinclair Inlet in the vicinity of the Navy's Inactive ships facility. Nearly ten years later, Apri1 1938, the Skipperettes Auxiliary was founded, a group of 37 women was present and dues of $2.00 annually was agreed upon.